The easiest ways to immigrate to the United States


Marriage or family

A U.S. citizen or permanent resident may request that his or her spouse or immediate family members (children or parents) come to live in the United States. A lot of attention will be paid to the relationship, so don’t be tempted to try to fake this. The process begins with your spouse or relative filing a Petition for Alien Relative that establishes the relationship between you.

Various types of documentation will be required depending on your circumstances. Once the legal relationship is established, you can then apply for an immigrant visa or change your legal status if you already reside in the U.S. with your spouse or relative.

If you have a partner you plan to marry in the U.S., your partner can file a U.S. Citizenship Petition for a Fiancé(e). You will both be asked to show that you have met in person within the last two years. If granted, they may travel to the United States and stay up to 90 days.

Be sure to ring the wedding bells within that time, or you will be sent home again. If you decide that marriage is not for you, hurry up and apply for a course of study so you can stay as a student. Read on to learn about student visas.Marriage or Family


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here